Well, it took more than four days but we finally finished our new install of
ARS 7.1 patch 001 and ITSM 7.0.03 with patch 006 and all the related things
we could find on the download site. I am posting the list below as a sort of
reference for anyone who is contemplating doing the same thing and wonders
(as we did) what sort of things need to be installed (we didn't even know
about Service Request Management, for example):

ARS 7.1 Patch 001                  74
Assignment Engine 7.1 Patch 001          87
Approval Server 7.1 Patch 001         125
Email Server 7.1 Patch 001         136
Flashboard Server 7.1 Patch 001         136
CMDB 2.1 Patch 001                 352
Reconciliation Engine 2.1 Patch 001 382
Remedy Link for Oracle 7.0.1 Patch 006 417
Incident Management 7.0.3         1031 9 hours
Problem Management 7.0.3         1084 1 hour
Change Management 7.0.3                 1171 1.5 hours
Asset Management 7.0.3                 1281 1.5 hours
ITSM Patch 006                         1310 2.5 hours
SLM 7.1                                 1473 1.5 hours
AR Integration 7.1                 1473 15 minutes
Service Request Management 2.1         1696 2 hours
SRM Integration 2.1                 1703 30 minutes
Task Template                          1703 10 minutes
ITSM Data Management Patch 9003  1753 1 hour
Administrator 7.1.00 Patch 001          5 minutes
Remedy User 7.1.00 Patch 001          5 minutes
Alert 7.1.00 Patch 001                  5 minutes
JDK 1.5_0_13                          5 minutes
MidTier 7.1 (including Tomcat 5.5) Patch 001    5 minutes

I also included the number of forms installed on the system once the
application install was complete and the time it took for that app to run.

All the ARS stuff at the top of the list took about 1 day and the rest took
approximately three days.

We have two Sun v480 servers with Solaris 9 and Oracle 10g for the app and
database and some sort of medium sized Dell servers for the MidTier.

The downloaded files and documents came out to 6.1GB.

The install (despite being long) went surprisingly smoothly with no obvious
errors or problems. Hats off to the development boys and girls at BMC!

Oh, and licensing couldn't be easier.

-scott philben