-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joslin
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 4:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Incident-occupied alerts?

I work for a university that just upgraded from Vantive to Remedy.  I
am by no means a programmer, just the person in charge of training my
group on the program.  I've figured out a quite a bit on my own
(macros, reminders, etc), but am stumped on this one.  We had a lot of
stuff configured for our team, so we're not using an out-of-the-box
version.  I haven't come across any literature for this, but figured
if anyone would know if this is possible, it's you guys!

Our current concern is this:  We previously used Vantive for case
management.  One of the few really nice things about Vantive was that
if someone else was in a particular case, and I opened that same case,
Vantive would immediately pop up an alert stating that someone else
had opened it first.  This was very useful, because I would then know
that any changes I made might not be saved if the other person in the
case changed it first.

In Remedy, however, there is no alert until you do try to save, and
all of your work is lost because the other person, unbeknownst to you,
was in the incident making changes.  Is there a way to program such an
alert?  If not, how do other users cope with this?  I know that for
alerts like Reminders, you have to program the notification in your
profile.  Is there something similar for incidents already being
viewed by someone else?

I hope this is appropriate use of this group.  Thanks in advance for
the advice!

_______