Hey everyone...

ARS 7.0.01 P5 on AIX 5.3

ITSM 7.0.01 P5

CMDB 2.0.1 unpatched

DB-Oracle 10g on AIX 5.3

MT-7.0.01 P5 on AIX 5.3

I hope that this is something VERY small and silly, but it's got a lot
of us stumped right now.

Three diverse and possibly related sets of circumstances:

FIRST
With FTS installed and enabled and a Floating FTS license issued to a
Change Master user, the user gets an ARERR 314 error when searching for
any change request.  On the other hand, an ADMIN with a Floating FTS
license is able to perform the same search without error.  When I either
disable FTS on the Server or take away the user's FTS license, they can
perform the search without error.

            Field does not exist on current form (ARRER 314)

SECOND

With FTS installed and enabled and a Floating FTS license issued to an
Asset Master user, the user gets an error trying to view an asset using
the CI Viewer.  The error seems to indicate that the ROOT CI does not
exist.  I assure you that it does exist because an ADMIN with a Floating
FTS license is able to view the same asset with the CI Viewer.  Once
again, if I disable FTS on the server or take away the user's FTS
license, then the CI Viewer performs as expected.

<b>The CI Relationship Viewer could not open because the specified root
BMC_ComputerSystem<br>datasetid = BMC.ASSET<br>instanceid =
ASa25088100000Rp6V1wJY4CXw5V0C

THIRD

Trying to create a Federated Link as a "Launch in Context" link from the
CI Viewer, I note that ADMIN's can see the created link, but non-admins
cannot.  This is obviously less entangled with FTS than the first two,
but they all seem to have something to do with PERMISSIONS.

We are set to Single Tenancy and the Default Company is correct.  I note
that the CMDBRowLevelSecurity for the CI in the SECOND section in
BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement is set as:

CMDBRowLevelSecurity: 1000000006 Unrestricted Access

Is that what it should be for Single Tenacy?

1000000006 is the Group ID for our default Company.

I know that there have been times when I'll work on a project and then
realize that I forgot to check out the "regular" user permissions and
functionality.  This just really feels like one of those situations
where we've turned on some setting that's restricting non-admin
users...and I don't know if FTS is a red herring or not!

Bleh...any help you can offer would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
George

George Payne

Corporate Applications Developer