Hi List,

I've got a button on the AR System Email Messages form that executes an
active link with a direct SQL action. The SQL statement needs to get
data from the current request, so I'm basing that on the Email ID field.
However, I can't seem to get the where clause to work. Here's what I've
tried.

Statement:

WHERE Email_ID = $Email ID$

Result: ARERR [552] Failure during SQL operation to the database :
Incorrect syntax near '='. (SQL Server 102)

Statement:

WHERE Email_ID = '$Email ID$'

Result: No item matches active link conditions - I checked the SQL log
and see this WHERE Email_ID = ' ' but if I run a report on the form I'm
working on I can see the Email ID field is populated.

Statement:

WHERE Email_ID = "$Email ID$"

Result:

*** ERROR ***  An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT
INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements,
look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as "" or [] are not allowed.
Add a name or single space as the alias name.

TIA,

Matt

Matthew C. Gayford
Technology Research & Development