________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Richard Copits
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 10:54 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: "Splitting" an AR 6.x system....

One of our Remedy folks has asked me if it's

possible to do something that we thought

would be easy, but seems not to be - maybe

we're missing a step, or ???

Our AR HelpDesk 6.x system is all housed on

one server - with the SQL database instance

on that server as well. We'd like to "split" off

the SQL database and put it on another server,

or leave the SQL instance where it is and move

the AR stuff. But, when they tried changing the

arconfig file it just caused the whole thing to

hang. Is it possible to separate things this way,

and if so are there directions/guidelines on

what/how  they should be doing it?

Thanks!.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will

be fought, but World War IV will be fought with

 sticks and stones."

           Albert Einstein

Portions of this message may be confidential under an exemption to
Ohio's public records law or under a legal privilege. If you have
received this message in error or due to an unauthorized transmission or
interception, please delete all copies from your system without
disclosing, copying, or transmitting this message.

html___