Joe,

Good question but this filter is not in a guide. It is a stand alone
filter. Here is some more detail.

*       Users create records in Form 1.
*       Sometime during the life of some records in Form 1 the ticket
need to be transferred to another system.
*       The users working in Form 1 perform a special modification that
pushes a record into Form A.
*       On submit of the record into From A the web service is called in
a filter.
*       When the ticket number is returned to Form A, I push that to the
record in Form 1 which locks that record.
*       The record in the other system is then worked and returned back
to Form A and then to Form 1.
*       If need be the record in Form 1 can be re-submitted back to the
other system following the same procedure.

In each case of the duplicate tickets being created in the other system
there is only one Remedy record in Form A.

I hope that makes things clearer.

Thanks,

Roger A. Nall
Manager, OSSNMS Remedy