While not exactly doing what you want, you can change the text color in
table fields (available in previous releases), as well as the background
(new in 7.1.00).

>From the "What's New" for 7.1.00:
http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/17/53/71753/71753.pdf
Customizable background color on rows

Administrators now can customize the background color of records in a
table based on the value of an enumerated field.

In the Field Properties-Table Field dialog box (in the Results Color
tab), two background color options are available: The default alternate
gray and white row colors, or a custom color.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed
in this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.
My voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a
role as a spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for
BMC Software, Inc.