Personally when I have to consume a Web Service like that I switch to
the Perl plug-in and use the perl module of SOAP::Lite

Fred

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hall Chad - chahal
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 11:07 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: XML Parser Plug-in

Is there any sort of plug-in that can parse an XML string? I need to
call a web service that returns either an array of objects or an XML
string with the data from the objects. Remedy can't consume a web
service that returns arrays, so my only option is to retrieve the XML
string. But now I'm looking at writing a lot of complicated Set Fields
workflow using functions to pick out the substrings I want in a series
of loops and store them in specific fields. I was thinking it would be
so much easier if I could call some kind of filter plug-in, pass it my
XML string, and have it spit back the pieces I want.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

- AR Server 6.3 patch 20 (soon to be 7.0.1 patch 5)

- Windows 2003

- SQL Server 2000

- 100% home-grown system

Thanks,

Chad Hall  | A c x i o m  I n f o r m a t i o n  S y s t e m s

501-342-2650 office | 501-472-1379 wireless | 501-342-3911 fax
301 E. Dave Ward Drive | Conway, AR 72032 | USA | www.acxiom.com

ACXIOM(r)   WE MAKE INFORMATION INTELLIGENTTM

*
intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.