BTW just so you know as a workaround I did try setting these fields using
AL's again to Read Only and then the background thingy works but setting
them defaulted at the form level to Read Only makes them Read Write in the
Search Mode when the form is opened.

>From what I remember in the previous version this workaround was not
required..

Joe
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Joe DeSouza
  Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 5:44 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: SET-RO-COLOR and System fields

  **
  The 4 default fields on my form whose Entry Mode is Sytem viz. Request ID,
Create Date, Last Modified by and Modified Date have their display property
set as Read Only but the action SET-RO-COLOR fails to set their background
color..

  I am pretty sure in version 6.3 where on a couple of custom apps I had
used SET-RO-COLOR successfully on all types of fields as long as their
display property was set to Read Only..

  Has anyone else noticed this on V 7.1???

  Cheers

  Joe D'Souza
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:59 PM