Hi Elmo,

>From your email it looks like you have had to place staff in the
Administrator group to allow them to use the Remedy Application
Configuration console. If this is the case it is because Remedy never got
the permissions correct for the console to allow the role of
APP-Administrator to run it. On all versions of ITSM up to and including
version 6 they never sorted this out and took the cheap and easy solution to
advise all people who raised it as an issue, to put people in the full
Administrator  group.

The solution is to get the module to work for APP-Administrator which isn't
difficult. Just go through it with two logins, one as a full Administrator
and one as APP-Administrator and fix all the permission issues. Once this
has been done you will need to give APP-Administrator write access to all
the fields in the User and Group form and it should then work as designed.

Finally take Administrator away from those staff who do this work and you
should be ok. This is the only correct solution to your problem that I know
off and is the first work I would undertake after installing and patching
these products. It was about two days work.

Brian Bishop

Goldstag Consultants Ltd

Tel: +44(0)7973 746832