Yeah, do the increment on the change form and push the new value to the
people form.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Louis Cobuccio
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 4:05 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Very Simple Question

Thanks....actually I don't think the set field will work in this active
link.  I think I might just need to create another active link or build
a guide.   Here is the whole scenario....

We are trying to track Access Card Ids and we want to know every time a
card is replaced.  So I've created two fields on CTM:People, Access Card
and Rplcmnt Access Card Count.

I've also created an Rplcmnt Access Card field on CHG:Infrastructure
Change that only becomes visible and writable when the proper
Operational Categorization is selected.

I then created an Active Link which will fire on Modification of the Chg
form when the Rplcmnt Access Card field != $NULL$.  The If Action is a
Push Field to the People form if the ('Access Card'!= $Rplcmnt Access
Card$) AND ('Remedy Log In ID' = $CustomerLogInID$)

I am pushing $Rplcmnt Access Card$ to 'Access Card' field on People, and
then I'd like to add 1 to the Rplcmnt Access Card Count also on the
people form.  But I can't add a set field action in the current Active
Link because it is firing against the chg form.

So I think the only way to get this to work the way I want it to is to
create another Active Link just to do a Set Field action on Rplcmnt
Access Card Count field if TR.Access Card != DB.Access Card?

Does that sound right?
Lou