________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony Worthington
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 9:43 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Refresh Table - Maintain Sort

**
Not a solution to the actual problem .. but a workaround might be to
push the refresh button in an a/l with "perform-action-active-link 1
<field id of refresh button>"

--
Tony Worthington
Sr. Technical Analyst

"Heider, Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

03/06/2008 08:28 AM

Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

cc

Subject

Refresh Table - Maintain Sort

**
ARS 6.3 p23 (server and user tool)

I have noticed an undesirable behavior with refreshing tables when using
the Run Process PERFORM-ACTION-TABLE-REFRESH command.  I hope there is a
work-around.  Here is the issue:

A user clicks on a table field column in order to sort by that column.
The user then clicks a Refresh button.

When workflow uses the Change Field - Refresh Table Field command the
table field remains sorted by the column the user had selected.

When workflow uses the Run Process - PERFORM-ACTION-TABLE-REFRESH
command the sort order is reset to the default.  Which means the user
has to click the column again to sort by that column.  Is there any way
to stop ARS from resetting the default sort order for the table field?

BTW, I use the PERFORM-ACTION-TABLE-REFRESH command so that users can
determine how many rows to return.  For example, on one of my screens I
have a radio button that reads  "Show up to: o 100   o 250   o 500   o
750   o 1000" with 100 as the default.  For most searches 100 is enough,
yet users have the option to show more as needed.  The full Run Process
command is PERFORM-ACTION-TABLE-REFRESH 536870938 1 $zTmpInt1$.

TIA

Stephen
Remedy Skilled Professional

html___