Hi Pascal,

You can use a similar method that is used in the ITSM suite.

ITSM 7 uses a supporting form called Ticket Number Generator to generate
Incident numbers. This allows the service desk person to have the incident
number before it is saved as a record in the database. If the incident is
canceled, the record is not saved to the database. Workflow will have to be
created to get the $LASTID$ and set it in your main form.

Kevin P.

> **        > Hi all,

> I’m running ARS system version 7.0.1  and have a question concerning the Core
> system field “Request ID” (or Entry ID),  this field is automatically
> incremented by the system when you register a new  entry… My question is the
> following, when I would like to create a new entry on  a form, the Request ID
> field is empty until you submit this entry… What I wanted  to know is if it
> is possible to know this number before submitting the entry so  that I can
> use it in a Active Link... I tried to use the keywords $LASTID$ and
> incremented it but I have some strange result because he gave me a value of
> “000000000000001” sometimes and even I think it’s quite complicate… Any
> better  idea ???

 Thanks
 Regards
 Pascal