I've just upgraded my dev server to 7.1, and the email submissions have
stopped working. My production box is 7.0.1, and it's working there.

We have users fill out a form on our Domino-based intranet site, and
Domino generates an email message to ARS. The login is a generic login
that doesn't have a People or User record. According to the doc, this
shouldn't work, but it does on my prod 7.0.1 box.

In dev, when ARS processes the incoming message, I get error 8932  'You
do not have write license' and 332 'You do not have write access (at
create time) to field 1'. This makes sense according to the doc. When I
create a person and user record for the generic login, though, I still
get error 332. I've given Mr. Generic a read license, then a floating
license, then added him to the group 'APP-Support', and I still get
error 332.

As I write this, I realize that in all of these attempts, Mr. Generic
has not had a password. Could this be the problem? Is 7.1 pickier about
passwords than 7.0.1?

Both systems are running HelpDesk 6.0 if that matters.

Thanks,
Ron Legters
Tools Administrator
Data & Systems Services