Good point, thanks Dylan.  I'll use your suggestion.

Chris

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wheeler, Dylan
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Using "Not Like"

Your qual would fail if Administrator was the first group because of the
leading ; though

Personally I use GROUPIDS instead of GROUPS unless I have to. But if you
remove the leading ; then any group that has 1 in the id would come up.

I guess the best way would be something like

(NOT($GROUPIDS$ LIKE "%;1;%") AND NOT($GROUPIDS$ LIKE "1;%"))

The ; is the way Remedy knows how to seperate the groups. So if you have
two groups in your Group List, like Adminstrator(1) and
APP-Support(12345) then the database value of that field would be

1; 12345;

Dylan Wheeler
Production Control Analyst Principal
IT Operations
Downey Savings & Loan Association, F.A.
Direct: 949.509.4565
Fax:  949.509.7841
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>