Hi Carey,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you are correct, by Version 4 API I mean ARSPerl
built against the version 4 API libs.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish... basically, I
have written a filter to initialize a global field using
a "Set Fields" action. The value is read from a parameter
form. The global field is character and contains a URL
that will be referenced in various other filters as part of
a notification system. The filter runs early (Ex order=300)
to make sure that the value gets set when it is needed and
it runs on Submit, Modify, Delete and GetEntry, but only
if the value of the global field is NULL.

Works fine using the WUT. We also have a home-made web
interface that utilizes ARSPerl. It is when a record is
access via this web interface that the bizarre behavior
is observed. The logs show that the filter is being run
as the record is fetched by the web client, but there is
nothing unusual in the filter log. I have not looked at
the API or SQL logs yet.

Depending upon which combination of global and non-global
fields are set in the filter, some or all of the following
are observed:

- Some fields on the retrieved record are NULL when they
  actually do have values.
- Multiple fields on the retrieved record contain the
  value of the global field instead of their correct values.
- The web client fails doing other (seemingly unrelated)
  tasks such as looking up a group.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks.
Larry