  From: Brian Goralczyk
  Newsgroups: gmane.comp.crm.arsystem.general
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:08 PM
  Subject: Efficiency question

  **
  This is more of a "looking for a consensus or opinions" type email.

  Running ARS 7.0.01 Patch 2 on a shared windows box that connected to an
Oracle database that is on a different shared box.
  Using the User Tool but I don't think that matters.

  The situation:
       I have 4500 records on an LDAP form that need to be updated.  I am
pushing them to another form to perform the work.  I have two options.  One of
them is to use an escalation that pushes all the records, or the other option,
to use a form that initiates a push on ALL the LDAP records to push over to the
second form.

  I state that it is an LDAP form to indicate that I am using an external data
source, however; I don't believe that makes a difference.

  I would believe that option 2 would be quicker as it doesn't use the single
threaded escalation process, however; this is not what I have found to be the
case.  There is a discrepancy of 6 minutes with the escalation taking 7 minutes
to run.  As you can see, this could be quite worrisome.

  Any ideas or suggestions or even just straighten me out.

  Thanks all,

  Brian Goralczyk
  __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___