-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bennett, Charlie CTR MDA/DOCC
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:52 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARS6.3 + SQL Question (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi All!

I'm having a small problem getting my Remedy 6.3 app to talk to a remote
MSSQL Server 2K SP3 database running on a Win2k3, SP2 machine.  My AR
server
is running on a Win2k SP4 machine, with the AR System database running
on a
MSSQL Server 2K SP4 database on the same machine.

I've created an active link to grab some user information stored in the
remote server upon Return/Table or Level Dbl-Clk in a Set Field (SQL)
action
- it's supposed to go out, query based on the name entered into a
submitter
field and find possible matches and populate related user info fields,
or
display a select list if multiple matches come back.  Here's a chopped
down
and simplified version of the query I'm working with (I've simplified it
as
much as possible, but to no avail):

SELECT FirstName, LastName FROM SERVERNAME.phonebook.dbo.vw_tbl_ARS TARS
WHERE TARS.LastName LIKE '%$Submitter$%'

I've verified that I've got DTC running on both machines.  I've set the
remote server up as a linked server, with it set to impersonate with a
specific security context.  I've verified this is working because I can
see
the views/tables under the linked server in EntpMgr.  I am able to run
the
above query from my active link in QryAlzr just fine.  However, when I
go in
through the user tool and enter a name into the submitter field and fire
the
active link, I get this error:

"ARERR [552] Failure during SQL operation to the database : The ROLLBACK
TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION. (SQL Server
3903)
The preceding message occurred during the execution of active link
+NTFAR:050-Set Submitter Info - TEST -- action 1. (ARNOTE 1101)"

I'm at the end of my rope here.  Hopefully someone has seen this before
and
knows what's up.  Perhaps I'm overlooking something embarassingly silly
here?  - I hope so!

Thanks in advance!!

Charlie Bennett
Remedy Developer
Missile Defense Integration & Operations Center
Schriever AFB
Colorado Springs, CO
(719) 721-7470

_______