Greeting,

Hope someone on the list can offer some helps on our midtier problem.

Problem:
When using Mid-Tier with Apache/Tomcat, forms names that include unique
characters (like a plus sign) generated errors:  ARERR [303] Forms does
not exist on the server.  For example: +HPD:HelpDeskArchive

Environment:
Solaris 9
Apache 2.0.59
Tomcat 5.5.26
Mod_Jk
Java 1.4.2
ARS 6.3 patch 22
Miditer 6.3 Patch 13 (we will update it to patch 22)

Remedy explained the problem is due to the mod_jk connector trying to
decode the Url before sending the URL to tomcat and then Tomcat also try
to decode the URL again. Support suggested us to add the following line
to apache httpd.conf which tell mod_jk connector to forward the URL to
tomcat with doing any decode.

JkOptions +ForwardURICompatUnparsed

After adding the JkOptions we received apache syntax errors:
# ../bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 234 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'JkOptions', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration

Has anyone here encounter this problem with apache/tomcat?

Thank you.

Jason Lin
UCSF