Hello,

I am facing a very peculiar problem with commandline data import.

Let me first explain the environment. We have two servers - Development
and Production. We brought the DEF file of a form called 'xyz' from the
production to development. Now we want to import data in the this form
to development from production.

Production is on AR Version 4 and development is AR Version 7. Both have
Solaris as OS.

First I logged in into Development server and used the 'runmacro'
command to export data from the same form in production to arx format.
When I tried importing the arx into development, 75 out of 100 records
got imported. The log file showed the 'ARERR 91' error on these.

Thus, I tried logging in into production and ran the 'runmacro' command
to get the arx from the production itself. I then FTPed the arx to the
development server and tried importing. But the result was the same.

I compared the two arx files. The only difference that I noticed was
that, the arx generated in the second case (directly through production)
did not have a line of text which says - "CHAR-SET windows-1252".

What difference does this line make when importing into V7 ?

Can somebody please help me with this.

Imp. Note: Here we are dealing with data in excess of 50k records.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit Oak

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.

www.wipro.com