From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) on behalf of Brian
Goralczyk
Sent: Wed 4/16/2008 4:42 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Bizarre license issue

** Did you validate the permissions on the fields?  Is it possible that somehow
the field level permissions got messed up?

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 4:24 PM, William Rentfrow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        **
        In IM 7.03 on ARS 7.1 patch 001 (Solaris) all users who are not AR
Administrators get the typical "You do not have a license/You do not have write
access to field xxxyyyzzz" (ARERR 9850) and then a list of all of the fields on
the IM form.  This happens only when trying to modify existing requests.

        Normally I'd assume the people don't have licenses.  However, this is
not true.  They have both Incident user licenses (and corresponding correct
permissions) and AR user licenses.  We've got 40 of each applied to this server
and about 5 users so far so we are not out of licenses.

        Even more weird this is a 7.1 server so it's not like the license keys
are bad or something - the AR Server license is correct and all is well in that
regard as far as I know (ie, the server accepted the key).

        I went so far as to create a new custom form and have the users create
and then modify the request.  If they didn't have an AR User license they would
not be able to do this.  As it turns out it worked correctly - they could
create (no license needed) and then modify the same request (license absolutely
100% needed).

        The only other relevant fact I can think of is that the server is is
submitter-locked mode....but that shouldn't matter either.

        I'm perplexed.

        William Rentfrow, Principal Consultant
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        C 701-306-6157
        O 952-432-0227

        __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com <http://www.rmsportal.com/>
ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___

__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___