Hello

Sounds like you want to stop storing the data in the database, but to
keep any workflow that is associated with the field, is that correct?

If so, I would do the following:
1- take a note of the field ID of xInitialValue
2- in Remedy Admin, select xInitialValue and then go Edit - Copy.
3- delete xInitialValue and save the form (nb ONLY do this if you are
happy to lose all the data that has been stored in this field up to now)
4 - Go to Edit - Paste.  This will copy the field back in.  Make sure
that the field ID is the same as it was in point 1.  If not, amend it.
Change field label and Database Name if required.  Before you press
save, change the Entry Mode from Optional or Required to Display Only.

I'd recommend testing this on a test system first, don't just take my
word for it!  Or create a test form with an optional field called
xInitialValue in it, add some workflow, add some records, then try the
technique above and see what happens.  If I've understood what you're
trying to do, this should be straightforward.  Unless of course there
are other parts of your system that rely on the data being stored in
this field.

If you don't want to lose the existing data in the field xInitialValue,
DO NOT use this approach!  Once its deleted that's it, the data is gone.

In fact, before you start, its probably best to extract the data from
xInitialValue along with the request ID so that if for some reason you
want to restore it, you can change it back to an optional or required
field, and then import the data back in.

All the best
Isabel