Shawn,

I actually remember discussion of a "NEW RFE process" that would
provide better feedback to the submitter being discussed at a RUG er..
BUW. ( But most of my RFE's are filed under single phrase statements
like "As Designed" or "Rejected" with no confirmation email or
discussion with me so that I can understand what those phrases mean.)

I would be willing to "follow the bouncing ball"(2 pages, 4 pages, 10
pages... whatever) if and only if I actually believed that my effort
would produce something. ( Even if the only product is just a better
understanding by me of the direction of the product.) However, my hope
for such a day has faded since Remedy was purchased by "Per3grin3
Systems" (circa 2001). ( And I do not think that BMC has yet helped to
make the customers RFE experience any better.)

I am also continually surprised that BMC appears to refuse to USE the
ARS (Action Request System) for their own business needs. The very
idea that they are sending you a file (word, text, etc) is just silly.
They can do better than that with an ARS form and about 20 minutes of
work.  ( To their benefit they are actually using a Mid-Tier that is
almost new "Version  7.0.01 Patch 003" for customers now. But I wonder
if it sill become "unsupported" before it is upgraded again?)

And if there were a way for a development community to help
contribute/maintain/build simple applications like this for BMC they
might not even need to spend their own time to have the application
created.

Oh but wait.. there are options...
 (Circa v4... so this could have been being used for how long?)
   http://developer.bmc.com/jiveProd/entry.jspa?categoryID=503&externalID=1137
   (screen shot here
http://developer.bmc.com/jiveProd/entry.jspa?categoryID=519&externalID=1210
)

And I am sure there are other options out there too...

But maybe it is just me...

Maybe Kinetic, or the ARSList people might be willing to host such an
application to be used outside of BMC for the community?

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach