Hi All,

Thanks for the response.

Let me clearly explain once again.

Previously the remedy server 6.3 connects the remote database oracle
9i. In the same OS , i have uninstalled the remedy server 6.3 and then
i have installed oracle 10gR2 and installed the remedy server 7.1.
This was considered as a fresh install. I didn't touch my old
database.

I have few forms in my old database and i forgot to take a export .DEF
file. For this only i have made the changes in conf and tnsnames.ora
file to connect it. i think it is required to update some file in DB
to make a connection as mentioned by Axton. anyway if any body knows
how to modify some file in the DB for the successful connection and
make the server up, i will be very thnakful to them.

Thanks for your support,
Meenakshinathan