>From what I understand is that Remedy licenses go by the Host ID is is
basically the serial number of the network card in the server. However
usually purging the old licenses and getting new ones with your new Host
ID usually fixes the problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve M
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:49 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Looking for a hard coded IP in Remedy

List,

It was attempted to move our production server (ARS 4.5.2 Patch 1277) to
a new building last week (while I was away at a Remedy training class).
The move required the server (Win 2003 Server SP2) to get a new IP,
change the default gateway. Upon making these changes and rebooting the
server, when they attempted to run Remedy they got the message that
indicates an initial install with no licenses added. They tried various
things to get it working again, including purging our license keys and
getting new ones. Nothing worked, so they moved it back and re-applied
the old IP.

So, now I'm trying to find out what happened so that we can get the
server moved to the new building. What I need to do is find out if the
IP is hard coded in Remedy anywhere? I turned on all of the logging in
both the Admin Tool and the User Tool, but didn't find the IP in any of
the logs. Is there anywhere else I should look for a hard coded IP?

BTW, there is no entry in the host file other than for localhost.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Steve Michadick
Remedy Engineer
Marine Corps Network Operations and Security Center (MCNOSC)
Phone: 703-784-5300