Hello, Friends:

Anyone else experience this slowness on Mid-Tier 7.1.00 Patch 002?.  It's
quite noticeable.

We've noticed an interesting thing on Mid-Tier 7.1.00 Patch 002 (on both
Apache Tomcat and Servlet Exec).
It doesn't seem to matter what if the version of the ARS Server is 6.3 or
7.1.0, the culprit seems to be this version of Mid-Tier (7.1.00 Patch 002)
When selecting an item from a results list of let's say 1000+ records, the
response time between record selections is roughly 6.87 - 12.18 seconds
When selecting an item from the results list of about 200 records (same
form), the response time between record selections is 1.02 seconds.
(Selecting an item refers to a single click on the results list)

For these we used SHR:People and performed a search using the same
qualification in each environment.

I performed a search on SHR:People using a Mid-Tier 7.1.00 Patch 002
against an ARS 6.3 Patch 23 server
Mid-Tier 7.1.00 Patch 002 ----> ARS 6.3 (SHR:People)
Results list of 3300+, selecting a record yields a lag time of about  6.87
seconds
Results list of 73 , selecting a record  yields a lag time of 1.02 seconds

I performed a search on SHR:People using a Mid-Tier 6.3.0 Patch 20 against
the same  ARS 6.3 Patch 23 server
Mid-Tier 6.3.0 Patch 20 --> ARS 6.3 P23 (SHR:People)
Results list of 3300+, selecting a record yields a lag time of about 0.61
seconds
Results list of 73, selecting a record yields a lag time of 0.59

I performed a search on SHR:People using a Mid-Tier 7.0.1 Patch 004
against the same ARS 6.3 Patch 23 server
Mid-Tier 7.0.1 patch 004 --> ARS 6.3 P23 SHR:People
Results list of 3300+, selecting a record yields a lag time of 0.53
seconds
Results list of 73, selecting a record yields a lag time of 0.50 seconds

I performed a search on CTM:People (yeah I know its different) using a
Mid-Tier 7.1.00 Patch 002 against ARS 7.1.0 Patch 002
Results list of 1000+, selecting a record yields a lag time of 12.18
seconds
Results list of 2, selecting a record yields a lag time of 1.87 seconds.

Every bit of this points to an issue with Mid-Tier 7.1.00 Patch 002,
whether it is pointing at a 6.3 server or a 7.1.0 patch 002 server.  And
as I mentioned before the behavior is consistent no matter what form's
results list we are selecting an entry from.

Anyone?
Thanks,
Michelle

Environment
Windows 2003, IIS 6, Apache Tomcat or Servlet Exec
Windows 2003, SQL Server 2000 for ARS 6.3, SQL Server 2005 for ARS 7.1.0
Patch 002.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this
communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the
intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or
its affiliates and subsidiaries.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted
with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the
sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.