In IM 7.03 the application is set to audit a number of fields.  One of them is
the "Individual Transfers" field which shows how many times a ticket has
bounced around between people.  There's an SLM ST tied to this (or there will
be eventually).

This field is re-calculated every time the Incident is saved.  Quite frequently
it's value is set to the same (original) value but I suspect the field's change
flag is getting set.  Hence, even though this field didn't change in value it
is showing up in the audit log as having been changed.  It's in the "Fields
changed" list and the values are listed for it (record style audit).

So - does audit go off of the change flag?  Or does it actually check for a
value change?  The evidence woudl suggest it uses the change flag.

Also, s anyone else dealing with this?  I'm open to creative options.  The
value does pretty clearly have to be re-calculated every time.  I suppose I
could put in workflow to re-set the change flag if it hasn't really changed but
I'd prefer not to customize every time this comes up - there are a number of
counters out there.

William Rentfrow
Principal Consultant, StrataCom
[EMAIL PROTECTED]