So if I understand it you have Server A,B,C

Server A does DSO to Server B and C

You want to disable Form-1 (which does the DSO to B,C Servers) for only
server C but leave server B operational?

Logically you would have 2 filters to trigger the DSO operation, one for B
and one for C (or one filter which does two DSO operations)...

No-Can-Do, other than to disable the filter which queues the DSO
transaction. Then you will have to re-queue all transactions to the
particular server.

There are some other options, but that would leave the Distributed Pending
entry there with status of 'Retry' which slows down the DSO Server.

HTH
Robert Molenda

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Joe Castleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> All,
>
> Is there a way to temporarily disable a DSO mapping, such that any
> transactions on the "from" server will go into the Pending
> Distributions queue and reliably flush out when DSO is again enabled?
> I want to disable outbound traffic in one direction (i.e. one
> mapping), but not another (i.e. another mapping to a different "to"
> server).  Disabling the distributed mappings causes the transactions
> to simply fail, with no queueing (I know the workaround for that is to
> simply export those entries where Modified Date >= the time I disabled
> DSO).  I also want to avoid stopping and restarting the Remedy
> service.
>
> I have tried adding a line "Disable-Client-Operation: 5" to the ar.cfg
> file and then running "arsignal -c".  Actually this does work, but not
> in reverse - I can't seem to undo it.  If I comment out the line (or
> delete it) and run "arsignal -c" again, DSO is not enabled (but no
> errors).  (I also tried this using driver.exe and running the "sig"
> command, no luck, but no errors either.)  A drawback to this method -
> if it worked as expected - is that it disables the entire DSO, I
> really just want to stop one mapping but not another.  Re-starting the
> Remedy service did not clear up the queue (and again, restarting is
> something I want to avoid, anyway.).
>
> It occurred to me to try commenting-out the "DSO-Target-Connection:"
> lines in ar.cfg but, as mentioned, I'm having trouble using "arsignal"
> to undo the changes.
>
> Details (both "to" and "from" servers):
> ARS 6.3, p22
> Help Desk 6 (with a lot of home-grown objects)
> MS-SQL 2005 (9.00.3042.00)
> Windows Server 2k3 R2
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Joe Castleman

If it were not for the gutter, my mind would be homeless!