No built in tool. If you go to
http://developer.bmc.com/bmcdn/bmcdn/landing.jsf you can download the SMS
integration that is free. THe manuals are included.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Copits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tue, 13 May 2008 1:51 pm
Subject: Populating CMDDB by discovery....how?

**

I’m new to 7.x and have a test system that I’m building. I just finished

installing the integration engine. I’ve read sort of spotty references

to being able to do “discovery” of assets on a network. But, I have

found nothing in the manuals under “discovery” – or in the Master

Index. We have an SMS system that we use and if possible I’d like to

use that, but if there is a built-in discovery tool with Remedy I’d be

willing to try that instead – but if there is, where do I find it?

Also….anyone who uses SMS as a data source…..what are your

experiences with that way of populating the database?

Thanks!!

Portions of this message may be confidential under an exemption to Ohio's
public records law or under a legal privilege. If you have received this
message in error or due to an unauthorized transmission or interception, please
delete all copies from your system without disclosing, copying, or transmitting
this message. __Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers
Are" html___