Hi Ravi;

I've not had a reason to do this yet, so I can't offer specifics (happily,
there's been lots of good and related information over the last couple of
days--and much more earlier, I'm sure).

You'll need a view or vendor form set up so that ARS can see the table from the
other database--after that, you can probably run queries against the
view/vendor form in a similar way.

View forms generally require a link specified in ar.cfg with the connection
string of the remote DB, and vendor forms require an ARDBC plug-in to use. If
you can't get direct access to the remote DB, maybe you can get the other DBA
to ship you the data in batches to import (eeew)?

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but if you give these grand ARS listers more
detail like remote DB type, the access you're likely to have to it, ARS
specs...well, all that, I bet they've more clues :)

~james