Been meaning to post this for a few weeks now but keep missing the deadline (Monday morning is just too late).

The following is from issue 2655 of New Scientist magazine, 07 May 2008, page 84:

   *Programming in Croydon*

   FINALLY, it is hard to keep up with all the programming languages
   around these days, and if you're not careful you can easily get
   wrong-footed when you believe you're being asked about them.

   Michael Francis tells us of an interviewee applying for a position
   as a software developer with a company that has its head office in
   Cambridge, UK, and a development office in the south London borough
   of Croydon. During his interview in Cambridge the programmer was
   asked how he would feel about programming in Croydon.

   "I'm a little rusty on the more recent languages but I'll soon pick
   it up," was his reply.

   Despite this, Francis says he got the job.

Have a good weekend (only 40-odd minutes left here in the UK)

Ian

Ian Trimnell, AR System Lead Developer (amongst other jobs),
Open University, MILTON KEYNES, UK