You are welcome to study all of the multi-tenancy docs that we have put
online so far, as we continue to refine our customizations to IM to get
it to work the way we need it to.  All of the multi-tenancy docs and the
new permissions write-up I "finished" today are at
http://arsweb4.ars.unt.edu/index_prod.htm in the section titled
"UNT-Specific Documentation for Multi-Tenancy in the UNT BMC Remedy ITSM
7.x system." We are still trying to beat some of the cross-company
assignment problems into submission. There is even a new explanation of
our initial implementation of SLM 7.1, which is almost as much fun to
work with as multi-tenancy.  In fact, it has to work very differently in
a multi-tenancy environment, and we expect it to evolve a lot over the
coming year as we learn more about it.

Let me know if got any of the concepts wrong - they are so well
documented (NOT), and some of my reverse-engineering efforts have been
superficial due to lack of time/resources that were instead spent fixing
bugs in the OOTB app that never should have left the developers'
workstations. I must admit that we have had trouble understanding some
of the implications of our multi-tenancy model until real users started
trying to do real work, and found that they could not. We didn't realize
just how shallow the multi-tenancy capabilities of the OOTB app really
are until we got it into production.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/