You can use several levels of user, but you need completely separate
sections in the xml file for each; I use 3, one for an admin account,
one for a support manager, and one for a bare-bones support account (see
sections below).  If customers had access to mid-tier (ours use Kinetic
Request), I would need another for customer-level access. Basically get
one file working, then duplicate that as a new section for the new user.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<midtier-prefetch-config
xmlns="http://www.bmc.com/remedy/midtier/midtier";>

  <prefetch-user>

    <user-name>appadmin</user-name>

    <locale>en_US</locale>

    <prefetch-server>

      <server-name>arserver.unt.edu</server-name>

      <prefetch-form>

        <form-name>AP:Alternate</form-name>

      </prefetch-form>

-----------------------------------snip

    </prefetch-server>

  </prefetch-user>

  <prefetch-user>

    <user-name>manager</user-name>

    <locale>en_US</locale>

    <prefetch-server>

-----------------------------------snip

    </prefetch-server>

  </prefetch-user>

  <prefetch-user>

    <user-name>supportstaff</user-name>

    <locale>en_US</locale>

    <prefetch-server>

-----------------------------------snip

      <prefetch-form>

        <form-name>HPD:HelpDesk-Archive</form-name>

      </prefetch-form>

    </prefetch-server>

  </prefetch-user>

</midtier-prefetch-config>

At some point application pre-fetch was discontinued... it definitely is
not supported in 7.1.  I have no idea at what patch level in 7.0.01 it
may have been removed except that it was after patch 003.

I cannot help on the views - I think they are all cached, which may
explain why so many fields in ITSM 7 were removed from ALL views, and
the number of views is limited (compared to previous versions).

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/