Oh, I get it now!  Thank you both!  Sorry, I can be a little dense
sometimes.  So the command is issued through ARSystem via the fully
qualified dblink name to the external DB.  Sweet!  Thanks again!!!

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Guillaume Rheault
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:37 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Push to External DB

**

With this option, there will be some minimal maintenance on the DB side of
things: the set up of the linked server, and setting any permissions to the
aradmin user on the target table.

These things are managed/maintained/migrated outside of Remedy, since they
are at the database level, so that's something to consider when testing or
setting up a new environment (QA, stating, etc) or making sure your
environments "match".

Guillaume