Hi everyone:

I wanted to get everyone's take on this thorny issue...I know this
matter has been discussed many times before, but I wanted to put a new
twist on it.

Specifically, I wanted to get anyone and everyone's thoughts on the
problem of unqualified searches in a large enterprise.  Specifically,
suppose the following: Suppose you have a custom app being used in a
very large environment.  Suppose in that environment you have
established a ticket isolation system by setting hidden fields on the
form on SEARCH.  Tickets are isolated by every company within the
enterprise.

Now, each company has in excess of 150,000 tickets, and there are 20
companies.  The problem is, techs are accidentally clicking the SEARCH
button without any qualification...kicking off what is *seemingly* an
unqualified search.  But the search is not truly unqualified because
fields are getting set on SEARCH to effect the ticket isolation.  But
the problem remains - such a search goes out and attempts to fetch
150,000+ tickets.  Several techs accidentally doing this at once (we
have 800+ techs, so the possibility of techs doing this is pretty high)
causes the server to slow way down.

Thoughts on how to minimize this issue? Hopefully I've described the
problem well enough.

TIA,

Norm