From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) on behalf of Carey Matthew
Black
Sent: Mon 7/28/2008 11:15 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Advanced Search Bar

Mark,

There was a resent thread (Subject: Re: Advanced Search? - RESOLVED )
where it was concluded that having the field (1005) disabled the Web
Menu Bar's button to enable/disable the OOB Advanced Search Bar(ASB)
UI. ( I am guessing that effects the User Tool equally to the
Mid-Tier, but that is a guess.)

However, If you are fancy enough I would guess that you might be able
to build some custom javascript to have the Mid-Tier hide/show the ASB
with a custom button too. I am guessing that there is a major div tag
that if shown (again via javascript, which can be called from an
ActiveLink RunProcess action) then the browser will likely show the
object. (As a good browser should.)

However, the User Tool would not understand the JavaScript, so you
likely would need to have the field and use ActiveLinks ChangeField
actions for that client.

Sorry, but I have not take the time to try to work out the JavaScript
that would be needed, and it may also be Mid-Tier version/patch
specific too.

HTH. (Good luck.)

--
Carey Matthew Black