________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary Opela (Corporate)
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 11:41 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: After server reboot the status of the Remedy service is
started, but it has to be restarted in order to login to Remedy

I have had this problem, and noticed that, according to the remedy logs,
that remedy was unable to talk to sql server. I realized then that
windows was saying sql server was up before it really was ready to
receive connections. I also noticed that sql server agent had a
dependency of sql server, and that sql server agent took around 10 - 30
seconds to come up. So, I set sql server agent as a dependency for
remedy instead of setting sql server. This seemed to fix the problem,
because it gave sql server another 10+ seconds to come up before remedy
tried to connect.

There is a registry key that you can use to set this up, it is as
follows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

            SYSTEM

                        CURRENTCONTROLSET

                                    SERVICES

                                                BMC ACTION REQUEST
SYSTEM SERVER

DEPENDONSERVICE

SQLSERVERAGENT

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP

Remedy Engineer

Leader Communications, Inc.

http://www.5pointleader.com

http://www.lcibest.com

Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM

An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI(r) Level 3 Rated Company