When you create your "Approval mappings" you can specify an
"Individual" or a "Group" - with the group anyone in that group can
approve the Change.  As for Alternate approvers the individual that
you setup to Approve will need to setup an alternate approver in the
People Form.  Note only the user can do this and they must specify an
"end date".

You may want to setup a Global Approver as well in case someone is off
sick or something.