Hey list,

We're trying to pull data populated into a table by a product called
TotalStorage Productivity Center.  It's an IBM product that does server
scanning to return information about drive space.  The end goal is to use it to
update values in the CMDB.

A table was created in the ARS DB that is being populated by TPC.  I'm
attempting to create a view form to read from the table with the following
columns:

[GUID] [varchar](255) NULL,
[COMPUTER_NAME] [varchar](255) NULL,
[IP_ADDRESS] [varchar](30) NULL,
[SERIAL_NUMBER] [varchar](100) NULL,
[PROCESSOR_TYPE] [varchar](100) NULL,
[OS_TYPE] [varchar](100) NULL,
[OS_VERSION] [varchar](100) NULL,
[MODEL] [varchar](100) NULL,
[MANUFACTURER] [varchar](100) NULL,
[DEDICATED] [float] NULL,
[SHARED] [float] NULL,
[SHARED_MANUFACTURER] [varchar](255) NULL,
[LAST_SCAN_DATE] [varchar](50) NULL

When creating the view form, the only two available columns are Dedicated and
Shared (the floats).  Nothing appears in the dropdown for a key field (I
manually typed in GUID to create a form, but the other fields were not there
and could not be added, and GUID wasn't there either).   The table does contain
data.

Is there some issue with varchar or am I doing something incorrectly?
According to the help files, varchar is supported:

 *   Only the following data types are supported in view forms:
    *   SQL Server-char, varchar, tinyint, smallint, int, text, real, float,
decimal
Should this be a vendor form, even though the table is already populated in our
DB?

7.0.1 p6
SQL 2005 SP2
Win Server 2003