Glad to see this info...  I thought it was a pain seeing the integer
fields left justified in the WUT.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Maynard,Tor T.
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 12:46 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Sorting issue on WUT 7.1p3

We have this same problem, and reported it to BMC.  Here's a excerpt
from their knowledge base:

This issue has been registered via several defects:
SW00276920 - For sorting on Selection / Integer fields
SW00288363 - For sorting on Date/ Time fields
SW00296911 - For sorting on Real fields
The current workaround for this issue is to not use these fields as the
first column in the result list. If a character field is used as the
first column, sorting on the other columns will be enabled as well.

Please note: The fact that LONG CHAR fields (i.e. character fields above
255 characters) cannot be sorted in the result list is 'As Designed' -
the initial 7.x User Tool allowed this, but this was corrected in the
7.1 User Tool.

The current status of the above defects can be monitored by logging into
the support website and then follow these instructions:
* Select - View/Update under Issue Management
* Select - Defect/RFE/CAR tab
* Select - Search

This will be fixed in the next 7.1 user tool patch.  Most likely patch
006.

The defect associated with our issue, SW00276920, has a status of
Closed, and Classification of Fixed, so I'm guessing it's in that new
patch.  We have not installed that patch yet.

HTH
Regards,

Tor Maynard
Computer Aid, Inc.