Chris,

It may be a typo... but where is the -x flag?

arimportcmd
 -u <user_name>
[-p <password>]
 -x <server_name>
[-w <external_authentication_string>]
[-r <rpc_number>]
[-a <port_number>]
[-l <log_file_path>]
[-e <duplicate_field>]
[-n <suppress_filters>]
[-t <multi_match_option>]
[-o <data_file_name>]
[-f <destination_form_name>]
[-v <force_override>]

[
-M <fully_qualified_mapping_file_name>
]
OR
[
-m <mapping name>
-d  <Mapping directory>
]

Use either a combination of -m and -d, or -M, to specify the mapping
to use. You cannot use both the combination of -m and -d with -M; they
are mutually exclusive.

FWIW: The v7.1 doc (Pg 206 of Integrating-710.pdf) seem to suggest
that -x is optional when using a mapping file. However I suspect that
is only true when using the -M option. ( But I may be interpolating to
much on these features. YMMV.) And the "Importing without mapping"
appears to indicated that -x is required. So maybe it is just a bug
that the server name is not used from the mapping file?

Anyways.. It just a WAG.. ( It is really hard to guess what could be
wrong when there is no reported error. Did the log file have anything
in it? )

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)