I'm with ya.  I looked and looked at log files for that field until I was
blue in the face.  Couldn't figure out what the heck was happening.  (I
was trying to use the field on the Date/Time tab in a notification -- it
was always null.)  :-D

--
Tony Worthington
Sr. Technical Analyst

Carey Matthew Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
08/19/2008 09:56 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Null Reported Date ARS7

Tony,

Thanks for the followup and clarification.

As a general design practice I despise showing the same data in more
than one place on a form. And in this specific case....
Where would I put the field that actually holds the data?
  On the 'Classification' tab or on the 'Date/System' tab? Hum... let me
see...

I stopped looking after I found the field on the 'Date/System' field.
It just did not occur to me that it might be in a field on that form
somewhere else. I was guessing that it might be on some other form
somewhere. Not that that idea makes any more sense to me. And given
that my sync DB has not been synced I did not feel like digging
through the 1152 Active links on the form to see if I could find where
the data was coming from or going to.

Again, thanks for the pointer to the real field/field ID.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Tony Worthington
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> **
> There are two Reported Date fields on HPD:Help Desk.
>
> One is on the  Date/System tab (a d/o field) -- 1000000719 z1D Reported
Date

> The "real" db field is actually on the Classification tab -- 1000000560
> Reported Date.
>
> --
> Tony Worthington
> Sr. Technical Analyst
> Kohl's Department Stores
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 262-703-5911
>

> Carey Matthew Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent by: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)"
> <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
>
> 08/16/2008 04:53 PM
>
> Please respond to
> arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
> arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
> cc
> Subject
> Re: Null Reported Date ARS7

<snip>

> But there is a twist I was not expecting....
> Reported Date = field ID 1000000719, but it is a display only field (
> What the [EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED]@[EMAIL PROTECTED] )
>   So that means that MAYBE if you import the data into that field
> there will be workflow on Merge that puts it where it needs to go to
> actually keep the value. The general approrach of using the import
> tool to backfill the data should work if you can figure out where it
> needs to be kept. Maybe the display only field already has workflow no
> merge that will work. I think it is worth a shot at least. I doubt it
> can hurt anything. (If you do your field map correctly.)

<snip>

> HTH.
>
> --
> Carey Matthew Black

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of
the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify
us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the
right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's
reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any
time
without any further consent.