  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Charters
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 6:15 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: SMS2CMDB with CMDB 2.1

I have used it. I had issues getting the ariportcmd to work right (I kept
getting mapping errors, I believe this was associated to the fact that I
have 2 arservers on one physical machine) so I manually imported each arx
file which did not take long.

The only other gotcha I saw was that there seemed to be some case
sensitivity in AIE when it came to the logins.

I would however upgrade to Asset 7.1 if at all possible. We were told by BMC
support that there would be some long term issues with upgrading if we
elected to upgrade at a later date. So we upgraded to all the latest and
greatest before we did AIE and SMS to CMDB.

  _____