ARS 7.0.01 P08 on AIX 5.3

Database Oracle 10g on separate AIX 5.3 server

Remedy Link for SQL 7.01 Patch 05

It seems as if the Remedy Link for SQL uses a different port each time
the service is started on the Windows server.

This puts the port number in the EIE:BackUpLoadFlag form in the EIE
Service Request Wakeup Port each time the service is restarted.

Trouble is that we have multiple vlans and the tcp  ports have to be
opened INDIVIDUALLY.  With all the port hopping, we'd have to get them
to open up almost all of the ports to that server and that's not likely
to happen.

We found a configuration item in the EIE.CONF on the windows server that
LOOKS like it would allow you to specify the WAKEUP PORT, but that
seemed to have no affect on the port hopping at all.

Has anyone been successful in specifying a port for the Remedy Link for
SQL server?  If we could nail each instance to a pre-defined port then
we could probably sell the idea of opening up those specific ports.

Thanks,
Gp

George Payne

Corporate Applications Developer