Hi,

I am trying to install Helpdesk 6 on ARS 7.1.04, SQL 2005 (remote db),
windows environment. I have installed Java 1.5, SQL Server Clients, ARS
7.1.04, Email Engine 7.1.04, Flashboard server 7.1 and approval server
7.1. I have also installed the admin tool and user tool on the server
and mid tier is installed on another server.

First the installation fails to see that the Flashboard server is
installed and then it fails completely with the error message: Failed to
load the prerequisite application.

The only other piece of information which may or may not be pertinent is
that I am not able to get the server licensed - I enter the license info
and get an error that it is not a valid license for this workstation but
then when I click ok I get the standard message that the license has
been granted. However when running the admin tool I get the message that
it is a demo system. A call has been opened with BMC on this subject.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sharon Menachem

Remedy Administrator