How about building a menu of keywords where the value has the \ and the label
does not..

Joe

----- Original Message ----
From: Jose Rodriguez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:15:57 AM
Subject: Escape Keywords

**
Hello Listers,

my customer wants to use a Display-Only Form with a Table Field to see the
results of the Advanced Search that he selects.

The customer populates a Regular Form with: Advanced Search, Name and
Description and we have the workflow to translate the labels into names and
store it in a Field via special commands: "Application-Parse-Qual-L" and
"Application-Format-Qual". We use this Field (Translated Advanced Seach) in the
qualification of the Table Field via External.

The problem appears when they use the "Keywods". ARS translate it, and when
they write "Field_1" = $NULL$ they get the error "ARERR [2294] A field or value
expected at this position" . To solve that, it's necesary to use the escape
character "\". With the escape character, everything works fine, but they don't
want to manualy modify the Advanced Search.

Is there another way to escape the keywords before ARS use them?.

ARS 7.1
WIN 2003
Oracle 10

Regards,