  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lammey, Peter A.
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:12 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Changing username and name in ARS - Need advice

**
You are not the first one to find out this glaring issue.  Our Login IDs are
based on our Corporate network IDs which are based on the names of people as
well so when names change so do our login IDs.  This of course creates
issues if you SAP (or other HR system) integration uses the Login ID or
Corporate Network ID as the key for the feed then this will break on a name
change so you have to use some other unique identifier for your integration.

You need to account for not just CTM:People and User but also a number of
other CTM Support forms and any of the key ITSM forms such as HPD:Help Desk,
CHG:Infrastructure Change, TMS:Task, and PBM:Problem Investigation.

Not to mention that that person or people that have their named changed
might have CIs associated to them so you need to update their name in
AST:AssetPeople.

Many times people asked why Remedy never has this process setup but I am
guessing they never really thought of this as a design flaw.
We do have other systems here that do not account for name changes very well
so I am not too shocked.

Thanks
Peter Lammey
ESPN MIT Technical Services & Applications Management
860-766-4761

  _____