Woa, that was a lot of "air quotes"....

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 1:08 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: aradmin command-line export is producing 0 length files

Brad,

I have found that the Admin tool (command line or otherwise) can not
export "all" forms (-F) if you have "too many" forms on the AR Server.
It is a "performance issue" that is "as designed". (According to an
incident that I opened with BMC after installing ITSM Service Desk
v7.0.1 on our dev server.)

I would suggest an experiment....

Create a packing list and add say.. 50% of the forms to the packinglist.
Then export the objects using the packing list as the "List".
If that fails... cut it in half again.
If it works then add another 25% back to it (so 75% of the total).

Then iterate until you find your "to many" limit.

HTH

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Brad Fike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> **
> I'll try that but just to be clear... I am getting the file. It just
does
> not have any contents. So it is finding the path just fine and
starting the
> *.def file but not writing any contents to it.
>
> -Brad

P3

_______