Dear List,

We have a form from which we want to export data via Mid-Tier.  If I put the
report in my User Tool and export the data to a comma separated file (csv), the
data exports and I can import it into Excel, open it, and see all the data.

In Mid-Tier I select the “Report” form entry to which the file is attached, and
try to export data and I get “Failed to perform Action.”  There are no message
in the Mid-Tier log.

If I try to export the data to the “Screen,” Excel opens, but only shows seven
(and not the first seven, they appear to be selected at random) of the 26
columns.

The report displays to the screen OK. Other reports on this same form export
data OK from Mid-Tier.  I checked the “Report” form entries and don’t see any
difference between this entry and the ones that work.

Any idea what might be wrong?

(ARS and Mid-Tier 7.1 patch 3, RH Linux server, Oracle 10.2 db)

Dwayne Martin
James Madison University