The preferred method would be a java ardbc plugin, but this is not possible
on 7.0.x.  The options I see:
- write a java daemon (based on your java api) that accepts and responds to
requests, then write a filter plugin in c to send/receive requests from that
daemon.
- fork a java process via set fields run process that returns the values you
want (gonna be slow and prone to problems since you would have to parse a
string of data)

I am sure there are many other approaches, but these first two come to
mind.  The first is more intricate but once working will work faster and
more reliably than the second.

Axton Grams